Archive for the ‘Technitrain’ Category
The Technitrain course schedule for 2015 has now been finalised, so if you’re looking for top quality Microsoft BI and SQL Server classroom-based training in central London why not check out what we’ve got coming up?
- Introduction to SQL Server Data Tools, with Jamie Thomson, 23-24 February 2015
- Real-World Analysis Services Multidimensional Cube Design and Performance Tuning, with Chris Webb, 27-29 April 2015
- Introduction to Power BI, with Chris Webb, 11 May 2015
- Introduction to Power Pivot, with Chris Webb and Bob Philips, 12-13 May 2015
- Advanced SQL Server Data Warehouse Design, with Thomas Kejser, 1-2 June 2015
- Mastering DAX, with Marco Russo, 8-10 June 2015
- Optimising DAX, with Marco Russo, 11-12 June 2015
- Super-Scaling SQL Server, with Thomas Kejser, 12 June 2015
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Models, with Chris Webb, 1-2 July 2015
- SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns, with Andy Leonard, 7-10 September 2015
- Mission Critical SQL Server, with Allan Hirt, 28 September – 1 October 2015
- Introduction to MDX, with Chris Webb, 12-14 October 2015
This is just a quick post to advertise some upcoming speaking and training dates…
I’ll be at the PASS Summit in Seattle next week, and if you see me around be sure to say hello! I’ll be presenting a deep dive session on MDX scoped assignments at 9:45am on Friday November 7th, and I’ll be signing copies of my new Power Query book on the Apress stand in the exhibition hall at 1pm on Wednesday November 5th.
I will also be live-tweeting (I’m @technitrain on Twitter if you aren’t following me already) and blogging throughout the keynotes each day too. I suspect there will be some big announcements this year – Jen Underwood dropped some hints, and a list of interesting sessions to attend, on her blog last week.
On Wednesday November 12th I’ll be speaking about Power BI at Microsoft’s Future Decoded event in London, alongside the likes of Jen Stirrup, James Rowland-Jones and assorted celebrities like Professor Brian Cox, Sir Nigel Shadbolt and David Braben (the guy who co-wrote Elite!)
Training in London
There are a whole bunch of new courses up on the Technitrain site, taught by me and various other SQL Server experts (such as James Rowland-Jones, Jamie Thomson, Klaus Aschenbrenner, Andy Leonard and Allan Hirt) from around the world, and covering a wide variety of SQL Server and Microsoft BI topics. There are still places available on my Power Query course on Thursday November 13th if you’re interested in attending.
Training in Aarhus, Denmark
I’ve just put up a bunch of new courses (including a dedicated Power Query course!) on the Technitrain site that will be running this autumn in London. They are:
- SQL Server Integration Services 2012 Design Patterns, with Andy Leonard, 8-11 September 2014
- Super-Scaling SQL Server with Thomas Kejser, 10 October 2014
- Introduction to MDX, with Chris Webb, 13-15 October 2014
- SQL Server Query Tuning Workshop, with Klaus Aschenbrenner, 20-23 October 2014
- Introduction to Power Query, with Chris Webb, 13 November 2014, London
- Microsoft Analytics Platform Workshop, with James Rowland-Jones, 18-21 November 2014
I hope to see some of you there! Don’t forget you can also get 10% off on my MDX training videos and lots of other great MS BI content at Project Botticelli using the discount code TECHNITRAIN2014.
New modules are being added to my MDX online training course all the time, and now there’s another free video available: a short introduction to the CurrentMember function. You can view it here (registration required):
The previous free video on MDX SELECT statements is also still available here, now with no registration required. If you’d like to subscribe to this course you can get a 10% discount by using the code TECHNITRAIN2014 when registering.
Don’t forget, if you are looking for classroom training in London for MDX, DAX, Analysis Services Multidimensional or Tabular, Power BI, Integration Services or the SQL Server engine check out http://www.technitrain.com/courses.php
If you’ve got some training budget burning a hole in your pocket, here’s a quick reminder of some upcoming SSAS and MDX courses I’m teaching:
- Sydney, 23-26 July 2013 – SSAS Multidimensional Cube Design, Performance Tuning and MDX Deep Dive
- Melbourne, 29 July-1 August 2013 – SSAS Multidimensional Cube Design, Performance Tuning and MDX Deep Dive
- London, 26-27 September 2013 – Introduction to SSAS 2013 Tabular Models
- London, 13-15 November 2013 – Introduction to MDX
Hope to see you there! If you’d like to find out about new courses by me and other SQL Server people, you can sign up to the Technitrain newsletter at http://www.technitrain.com
This is just a quick post to mention that this summer I’ll be running two courses in Australia, one in Sydney on July 23-26, and one in Melbourne on July 29-August 1, in association with the folks at Wardy IT. The course content will cover all things Analysis Services Multidimensional: there’ll be one day on SSAS cube design, two days on MDX queries and calculations, and one day on SSAS performance tuning; you can see the full course outline here. It’s aimed at intermediate-to-advanced SSAS developers who want to deepen their knowledge and learn best practices. I’m really looking forward to it, and I hope to see you there!
Technitrain 2013 Course Schedule: SSAS, PowerPivot, MDX, SSIS, TSQL and SQL Server Engine Training in London
As you probably know, when I’m not blogging or wrestling with SSAS I run a small SQL Server training company here in the UK called Technitrain. If you’ve got some training budget to spare and London is convenient for you, you might want to check out the 2013 course schedule below:
- Introduction to StreamInsight with Allan Mitchell. London, 27-28 February http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=20&trackingcode=CWB
- Advanced TSQL with Dave Ballantyne. London, 19-20 March http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=19&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to PowerPivot with Chris Webb and Bob Phillips. London, 5-6 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=24&trackingcode=CWB
- Super-scaling SQL Server with Thomas Kejser. London, 13 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=21&trackingcode=CWB
- Real-world SQL Server Analysis Services Cube Design and Performance Tuning with Chris Webb. London, 18-19 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=23&trackingcode=CWB
- SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns with Andy Leonard. London, 9-12 September http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=25&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Tabular Models with Chris Webb. London, 26-27 September http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=26&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to MDX with Chris Webb. London, 13-15 November http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=22&trackingcode=CWB
As you can see, I’m doing a fair bit of teaching myself but I’m also proud to have Thomas Kejser, Allan Mitchell, Dave Ballantyne, Bob Phillips and Andy Leonard teaching courses for me too. The aim is to deliver reasonably-priced, expert-level Microsoft BI and SQL Server training of the sort the regular training companies don’t provide; it’s basically the kind of training you’d get at a SQLBits or SQL Saturday pre-con but in a more traditional classroom environment and not limited to one day. If you’re reading my blog, you’re my target audience for these courses – so I hope to see you at one of them this year!