Archive for the ‘Technitrain’ Category
I’ve just put up a bunch of new courses (including a dedicated Power Query course!) on the Technitrain site that will be running this autumn in London. They are:
- SQL Server Integration Services 2012 Design Patterns, with Andy Leonard, 8-11 September 2014
- Super-Scaling SQL Server with Thomas Kejser, 10 October 2014
- Introduction to MDX, with Chris Webb, 13-15 October 2014
- SQL Server Query Tuning Workshop, with Klaus Aschenbrenner, 20-23 October 2014
- Introduction to Power Query, with Chris Webb, 13 November 2014, London
- Microsoft Analytics Platform Workshop, with James Rowland-Jones, 18-21 November 2014
I hope to see some of you there! Don’t forget you can also get 10% off on my MDX training videos and lots of other great MS BI content at Project Botticelli using the discount code TECHNITRAIN2014.
New modules are being added to my MDX online training course all the time, and now there’s another free video available: a short introduction to the CurrentMember function. You can view it here (registration required):
The previous free video on MDX SELECT statements is also still available here, now with no registration required. If you’d like to subscribe to this course you can get a 10% discount by using the code TECHNITRAIN2014 when registering.
Don’t forget, if you are looking for classroom training in London for MDX, DAX, Analysis Services Multidimensional or Tabular, Power BI, Integration Services or the SQL Server engine check out http://www.technitrain.com/courses.php
If you’ve got some training budget burning a hole in your pocket, here’s a quick reminder of some upcoming SSAS and MDX courses I’m teaching:
- Sydney, 23-26 July 2013 – SSAS Multidimensional Cube Design, Performance Tuning and MDX Deep Dive
- Melbourne, 29 July-1 August 2013 – SSAS Multidimensional Cube Design, Performance Tuning and MDX Deep Dive
- London, 26-27 September 2013 – Introduction to SSAS 2013 Tabular Models
- London, 13-15 November 2013 – Introduction to MDX
Hope to see you there! If you’d like to find out about new courses by me and other SQL Server people, you can sign up to the Technitrain newsletter at http://www.technitrain.com
This is just a quick post to mention that this summer I’ll be running two courses in Australia, one in Sydney on July 23-26, and one in Melbourne on July 29-August 1, in association with the folks at Wardy IT. The course content will cover all things Analysis Services Multidimensional: there’ll be one day on SSAS cube design, two days on MDX queries and calculations, and one day on SSAS performance tuning; you can see the full course outline here. It’s aimed at intermediate-to-advanced SSAS developers who want to deepen their knowledge and learn best practices. I’m really looking forward to it, and I hope to see you there!
Technitrain 2013 Course Schedule: SSAS, PowerPivot, MDX, SSIS, TSQL and SQL Server Engine Training in London
As you probably know, when I’m not blogging or wrestling with SSAS I run a small SQL Server training company here in the UK called Technitrain. If you’ve got some training budget to spare and London is convenient for you, you might want to check out the 2013 course schedule below:
- Introduction to StreamInsight with Allan Mitchell. London, 27-28 February http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=20&trackingcode=CWB
- Advanced TSQL with Dave Ballantyne. London, 19-20 March http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=19&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to PowerPivot with Chris Webb and Bob Phillips. London, 5-6 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=24&trackingcode=CWB
- Super-scaling SQL Server with Thomas Kejser. London, 13 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=21&trackingcode=CWB
- Real-world SQL Server Analysis Services Cube Design and Performance Tuning with Chris Webb. London, 18-19 June http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=23&trackingcode=CWB
- SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns with Andy Leonard. London, 9-12 September http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=25&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Tabular Models with Chris Webb. London, 26-27 September http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=26&trackingcode=CWB
- Introduction to MDX with Chris Webb. London, 13-15 November http://www.technitrain.com/coursedetail.php?c=22&trackingcode=CWB
As you can see, I’m doing a fair bit of teaching myself but I’m also proud to have Thomas Kejser, Allan Mitchell, Dave Ballantyne, Bob Phillips and Andy Leonard teaching courses for me too. The aim is to deliver reasonably-priced, expert-level Microsoft BI and SQL Server training of the sort the regular training companies don’t provide; it’s basically the kind of training you’d get at a SQLBits or SQL Saturday pre-con but in a more traditional classroom environment and not limited to one day. If you’re reading my blog, you’re my target audience for these courses – so I hope to see you at one of them this year!
I’m pleased to announce a new addition to the Technitrain course catalogue: along with Bob Phillips (a UK-based Excel MVP) I’ll be teaching a PowerPivot course in London this October. Full details and registration can be found here:
The course is the one written by Marco and Alberto to tie in with their excellent book “PowerPivot for Excel 2010: Give Your Data Meaning”, and is suitable for BI professionals and Excel professionals. It costs £499 + VAT if you book before August 31st, and £549 + VAT after that.
Other courses coming up this autumn include:
- Andy Leonard’s SSIS 2012 course in September
- Me on SSAS 2012 Tabular in Dublin in September
- Jen Stirrup on Power View and Data Visualisation in Dublin, immediately after the SSAS Tabular course
- Christian Bolton on SQL Server engine performance tuning and troubleshooting, in London in October
- Me on MDX in London in December
I’m pleased to announce that a whole bunch of new dates for SSAS and MDX training courses in London, Manchester and Dublin are now up on the Technitrain site, along with several other SQL Server BI and engine courses from the likes of Jen Stirrup, Andy Leonard and Christian Bolton.
Here are the details:
Server Analysis Services 2012 Tabular Workshop with Marco Russo and Chris Webb 28 – 29 May, London
In association with SQL BI (http://www.ssasworkshop.com/)
If you want to learn about creating Tabular models with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2012, then this is the course for you. It covers all the content in the new Tabular book that Marco, Alberto and I have been working on and it goes into a lot more detail than the standard tutorials. I’m co-promoting this course in London with Marco and Alberto, and as detailed below I’ll be teaching it solo in Dublin in the autumn; it’s going to be run in several other European cities so take a look here for more details.
Cost – £850 (exc VAT)
Data Visualisation with SQL Server 2012 Tabular Models, Excel and Power View with Jen Stirrup 30 May 2012, London
A one day course aimed at BI professionals who use Excel and Power View and want to learn how to create effective data visualisations. Jen is the acknowledged expert in the field of data visualisation for Microsoft BI, and this course is immediately after the SSAS 2012 Tabular course – so why not attend both?
Cost: – £299 (exc VAT)
Real World Cube Design and Performance Tuning with Analysis Services Multidimensional with Chris Webb 3-5 July 2012, Manchester
A three day course aimed at intermediate-to-experienced Analysis Services Multidimensional developers, looking at more advanced cube design topics and query performance tuning. I’ll be speaking at the Manchester and Leeds SQL Server user groups in the evenings while I’m up in there too.
Cost: – £749 (exc VAT)
Upgrade your SQL Server Integration Services skills to 2012 with Andy Leonard 12-14 September 2012, London
An introduction to the new features in SSIS 2012 for SQL Server Integration Services professionals. Andy’s last course for us went down very well indeed – take a look at this review of it!
Cost – £749 (exc VAT)
Server Analysis Services 2012 Tabular Workshop with Chris Webb 19 -20 September 2012, Dublin
This is the same course as the one listed above in London in May.
Cost – €950
Data Visualisation with SQL Server 2012 Tabular Models, Excel and Power View with Jen Stirrup 21 September 2012, Dublin
Once again, this is the same course as the one listed above in London in May.
Cost – €335
Advanced Internals and Troubleshooting Workshop for SQL Server with Christian Bolton 9 – 10 October 2012, London
The Advanced Troubleshooting Workshop for SQL Server 2005, 2008, R2 and 2012 provides attendees with SQL Server relational engine internals knowledge, practical troubleshooting skills and a proven methodical approach to problem solving. The workshop will enable attendees to tackle complex SQL Server problems with confidence.
Cost – £990 (exc VAT)
Introduction To MDX, with Chris Webb – 5-7 December 2012, London
A three day course designed for those with little or no experience of MDX, by the end of this course, you will be able to write MDX queries and calculations for Analysis Services with confidence.
Cost:- £749 (exc VAT)